Where did my satellite go?

• 1 July 2023
  • 4 replies

Badge

Created new network

Xfinity Modem/Router ->W121 base->W121 sat

all good, network healthy.

lost power on satellite

SBC no longer shows satellite, its online (blue rings), wired devices are connected and working.

All wireless connections show connected to Base?

How do I get my satellite back online? carrying wifi load?

icon

Best answer by MissingLink 9 July 2023, 19:03

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +41

Hello MissingLink,

Could you let us know the status of the led light on the satellite is it still Power off ?

Have you done any reset on the satellite? 

Badge

hey sorry been away for a week. I have not done any reset. if you are asking the color of the status light band it is bright blue! all hardwire connections are flashing yellow!!!

Badge

so I did a “factory reset” this am. held button on bottom with paper clip until band went yellow (10 sec), it turned white, then yellow, and with in 1 minute returned to blue, no reconfiguration was done (sbc could not see the device and it did not broadcast an SSID) and it simply restarted and reconnected and now is visible by SBC, not taking much of the load yet, but visible and connected. not a very good response...but it is what it is. I find SBC to be a pretty weak management system. rarely picks up named devices. I need to research every MAC address and manually name. disappointing at best.

Badge

satellite continues to go off-line randomly now. Off-line is a hard crash, no connection to base, and all devices disconnect. Two days in a row. pull plug and re-power...reconnects in less than 1 minute. Devices all reconnect. I have ordered a new mesh router and satellite from asus. the arris will become closetware shortly (return window has passed). if you read this before you buy. Save your money.