Solved

Can Arris X5 Ziply Fiber Model X5042 be used wirelessly with Technicolor DGA2232?

• 6 June 2023
  • 2 replies

Badge

Hey,
I rent a Technicolor DGA2232 from my ISP. It’s supporting EasyMesh protocol.
I’m trying to look for mesh solution. My obligatory requirement is that the 1st extender node would connect wirelessly (1st time wired setup is OK if needed).

My first bet was Technicolor OWA0131 but unfortunately it isn’t available for shipment to my region.

So I looked for another EasyMesh products and found Arris X5042.

However, documentation states that wireless connection from 1st node is enabled only for routers which supports HomeAssure. Would it work for my rented Technicolor DGA2232 which does support EasyMesh? or an Arris router is the only supported router for 1st node wireless connection.

Regards

icon

Best answer by SURFboard Moderator 13 June 2023, 03:10

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +41

Hello dorad

Arris X5042 is an Extender and it is compatible with DGA2232 which support EasyMesh.  Arris router is the supported router for node wireless connection. But we do have other models as well from Arris with one node wireless connection called Mesh system which will also act as extenders so you can check the product details on the shop.srufboard .com. 

Badge

I confirm it works out of the box.

Just pressing WPS button on both Technicolor DGA2232 and Arris X5042 and wireless extension started to work after like couple of minutes.

Thanks for your great product!