Skip to main content
Question

How to assign static IP on W30?

• 20 August 2024
  • 1 reply

Is there a way to do this that I’m missing?

My current setup is Xfinity gateway (modem, wifi turned off) → Surfboard W30 (primary router) → Surfboard W30 (satellite) → Roku (hardwired, device I want a static IP for)

I have the Surfboard Central app installed on my phone and although I can see all the devices on my network and their IPs I don’t see any controls.

I’ve tried connecting through my PC’s internet browser in various ways (all result in “unable to connect” errors):

• Using the router’s IP address (192.168.7.1 per IPconfig) and variations (192.168.7.0, 192.168.1.1, 192.168.100.1, etc)
  • Both hardwired to the primary router and through wifi
  • With and without the modem connected, including after unplugging the modem from router and restarting router

I cannot find a way to connect through a web portal, but also can’t find any controls for individual devices in the app. I must be missing something.

You can configure IP Reservation on the W30 router so that your Roku always get the same IP.  You can only use the SURFboard Central app to configure the W30 as it does not have web portal access.

https://arris.my.salesforce-sites.com/consumers/articles/General_FAQs/mAX-Routers-LAN-IP-Reservation-Setup