Skip to main content
Solved

mAX W21 mesh routers stop working suddenly

Both of my mAX W21 mesh routers suddenly stopped working early morning today. The Internet and modem are working fine (if I connect directly with an Ethernet cable to the modem) but the routers won’t even power up. Called Tech Support and they said many others have similar issues today and are escalating. Waiting for responses. No Wifi.

all 3 of mine have just died today…..show no signs of life when plugged in…….what is the # for tech support? did they give you any direction or are these things just bricks now? Thanks

Same! I purchased a set of 2 in January 2023, and one of them (the router) just bricked today. Tried all the steps to turn back on. I had to switch out the satelite as the primary router.

I called +1-888-944-HELP (4357). Support was courteous but couldn’t offer a fix other than to escalate it. Told to wait for a callback in 48 hours! Not much help. 

One of my w21 just stopped working today too!

update - got off the phone with customer support - found out what happened - they sent an update that bricked it!

they are sending out replacement in 3-5 days

One of my w21 just stopped working today too!

update - got off the phone with customer support - found out what happened - they sent an update that bricked it!

they are sending out replacement in 3-5 days

Wow—thanks for the intel. I wonder if I have to call them or if they will contact people with registered devices.  

Call support. Sending replacement. Wait 3-5 days for delivery. Claim that overnight delivery is unavailable. Probably the last ARRIS products I will get.

Update: I called too and am getting a replacement.

I would suggest visiting www.arris.com/consumersupport for further assistance.

2 of my 3 W21’s have died, no blinking, no power, no nothing...just noticed this today when investigating a shotty video conference. Thankfully the main router didn’t die… and thankfully still under warranty. A complimentary upgrade through this process would help me forget this incident happened.

2 of my 3 W21’s have died, no blinking, no power, no nothing...just noticed this today when investigating a shotty video conference. Thankfully the main router didn’t die… and thankfully still under warranty. A complimentary upgrade through this process would help me forget this incident happened.

I would suggest visiting www.arris.com/consumersupport for further assistance.