Skip to main content
Question

network name disappeared mAX router w21

• 6 May 2024
  • 1 reply

Hi. Internet slowed down from the router, so I unplugged it for 15 seconds and plugged it back in. Network name disappeared and now appears as SURFBoard-Onboarding. Did reset on router, same thing. I did reset on modem thinking it’s the problem, which is of course is not the problem. Plugged the modem directly to TV to check if internet is working and it is. So now the problem is the router.

Edit - it blinks green light. That’s it.

What do I need to do to fix this problem? Been at it for an hour now. I have the app, and the screen is not updating at all. Still stuck on the last time it was at. So now I am so confused on what to do. Please advise, I did unplug the router for more than a minute and reconnected. I reset the router many many times. I just don’t know what to do.

I also tried to add a new device and it is asking to be on the same network, which I did connect to the SURFBoard-Onboarding and nothing is going.

Appreciate any help, please be clear with instructions. Thank you.

This topic has been closed for comments

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +41

Do you have single mesh router alone or router with Satellite?

If you have satellite then you can try swapping main router with satellite then check for the WIFI after setup

If you only have main router you can try resetting router uninstall and reinstall the app again for setup then check for WIFI.

also could you please help me with the modem model number