Solved

4k pvr vip5602wt firmware

• 5 October 2023
  • 5 replies

Badge

What is the latest firmware version for vip5602wt box?

Is there a link so I can download it?

icon

Best answer by SURFboard Moderator 9 October 2023, 22:15

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +41

Hello Kripticc

The latest firmware version for vip5602wt box is 1.27

Connect the USB storage device to the USB port of the main unit.

1. On the Home screen, select Settings. If you cannot find the Settings icon, swipe from the bottom of the Home screen, then from right to left.
  2. Select General.
  3. Select Firmware Version.
  4. Select Update.
    • Check the file structure of the USB storage device if you cannot press the Update button. The update file may not be saved in the correct location in the USB storage device, or the file type may not be supported.
    • If the message Please visit the support site and connect the USB device (with Update firmware) to USB port is displayed on the unit, check the files in the USB storage device.
Badge

There is nothing in the settings menu mentioning firmware version.

Is there a link for the firmware download? If I install the file on a jump drive will it automatically show up on screen?

Userlevel 5
Badge +41

Firmware update are handled only by internet service provider.

Arris supports only the retail products that are available on surfboard.com but not the ISP lease products. 

Please contact your ISP for further assistance.

Badge

How do I check through device what the firmware is? Nothing in part of isp.

Userlevel 5
Badge +41

Actually, Arris develops the software update and makes it available to service providers.  The service providers qualify, test, and distribute the software update to devices on their network. It has limited control or visibility on distribution by the service providers.