Solved

Arris router login

• 28 September 2022
  • 3 replies

Hello, I have an Arris router given to me by my ISP. I have factory reset the router and tried to log into the router through the default gateway, but no combination of passwords I have found online will allow me to login. I have tried every combination of “admin”, “password” and just blanks possible. Please help! I am trying to port forward

icon

Best answer by plemans 28 September 2022, 20:01

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +23

ARRIS makes a lot of different models and they all do not have the same login credentials.  You’ll get help faster by providing the model number.  

If your home network is made up of a cable modem and a Wi-Fi router, port forwarding is setup in the Wi-Fi router since the Wi-Fi router is the device that manages your network and all your devices connect to it.

Userlevel 6
Badge +40

One other thing to check to is I’ve seen installers setup the login/password on device as well as get used routers before. 

So it might not be a bad idea to start with a factory reset and then follow the install guide for your specific device. Without a model its tough to link to a specific install guide. 

You can look on the support site for your specific device here: https://arris.secure.force.com/consumers

Userlevel 5
Badge +41

Hello CIdom10

May I have the model number of your device? sometimes admin and password are not the default login credentials, did you try with the last 8 digits of the serial number? 

Let us know if this works.