Beware of Emails from Comcast

• 23 March 2023
  • 1 reply

Badge

I recently received an e-mail from Comcast telling me that my Arris modem was no longer compatible with their speed increase (?), and that I needed to upgrade. I bought my modem directly from Arris. I was about to shop for another modem through Comcast (that they conveniently provided a link for), when I noticed that the modem that Comcast claimed I had was different from the one I actually have. I called Comcast and they finally admitted that they sent me the wrong info. They concluded by saying my modem was “somehow still compatible” I called Arris to verify and they gave me the correct info.

If anyone who has Comcast gets this e-mail, make sure they are referring to your modem, and check with Arris directly before buying another modem!

This topic has been closed for comments

1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +40

One other thing to keep in mind is that comcast upped their gigabit speed to 1.2 gigabit. And since most modems were only had gigabit ports, now they’re not compatible either. they still work and will give you full gig speeds but they won’t hit the 1.2. So comcast can push out a bunch of emails telling people to upgrade due to it not being compatible.