Solved

Can't sign into modem

• 10 January 2024
  • 5 replies

Badge

I have been trying to sign into my router and the username and password listed on the bottom of it does not work. I also can’t find it online. On the bottom it says it’s a Technicolor CVA4004TCH1. It’s not even listed on the Technicolor website. The only search results I get for “technicolor cva4004” appear to be either fake malicious websites or a website called cox that doesn’t tell me anything relevant. When I go to the address that’s listed right above the username and password, it brings up a page that says technicolor DOCSIS 3.1 Cable Modem, but again, the login does not work. I’ve searched the internet for an hour now and have found no solution.

icon

Best answer by SURFboard Moderator 23 January 2024, 01:38

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Badge

I’m not sure why someone changed my post. I have internet. Nowhere in there did I say I don’t have internet. And it won’t let me edit my post to remove that.

Userlevel 6
Badge +40

tends to be direct to ISP devices and managed by the ISP. Some of them lock people out of being able to access them. You’d want to contact the ISP

Userlevel 5
Badge +41

It looks like Technicolor CVA4004TCH1 belongs to your ISP Cox so please contact them for further troubleshooting. 

Also, you mentioned that your post title had been changed could you suggest any title so we can update on the same post?

Badge

It looks like Technicolor CVA4004TCH1 belongs to your ISP Cox so please contact them for further troubleshooting. 

Also, you mentioned that your post title had been changed could you suggest any title so we can update on the same post?

Remove “and no internet”. I didn’t put that and I never said I had no internet. It’s also tagged with “no internet” which I didn’t do. Sorry for late reply, for some reason an email was only just sent to me telling me about your reply from 13 days ago.

Userlevel 5
Badge +41

As you mentioned, no internet is removed from title and public tags.