Question

change password

• 6 April 2023
  • 3 replies

Badge

I'm trying to change my wifi password (I am not trying to change it from the default. I'm trying to change it from an already set password that I know, and I am the account holder of). How do I do this?

I have the surfboard app but it's asking me for the username and password and I'm not sure what that is. I've tried the default "admin" and "password" and I get an error message. I've tried going to the number thing in the URL and it won't let me log in there either.

My roommate has not been paying rent or utilities and so I'm really trying to make sure he doesn't have access to the wifi he's not paying for.

3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +9

Hello! Which app are you using? Also, can you provide the model number of your ARRIS device?

Do you recall if the login credentials were changed before? If yes and if you do not remember the login credentials you may be required to reset your ARRIS device back to its factory settings, before jumping into that let me know the details I asked at the beginning of this reply!

Badge

Hi, the model number is SBG10 and I was attempting to use the Arris surfboard app. It's just called surfboard icon.

I do know the wifi name and password that I initially changed it to. I am now looking to change that password but cannot figure out how. The app has a username and password, but I don't know if I ever used it before, and it's not letting me log in. I have tried the default "admin" and "password" as well as the wifi password that it was changed to a year ago.

Userlevel 2
Badge +9

In that case if you are unable to access with the default credentials, pls reset your SBG10

1. disconnect the coax from the back of your SBG10
  2. use a paper clip, toothpick or a tip of a pen to press and hold down the reset button (there is a hole above ethernet ports) for at least 10 seconds, the unit should reboot
  3. once we have the power light on and the second one flashing reconnect the coax, you should be able to see the default wifi name printed on the label.
  4. connect a device to the wifi and then try to access thru the app or the 192…. using admin and password, also make sure you are typing those words in lowercase

After completing that process you will be able to customize your wifi, if you change login credentials my best recommendation is to save them so in the future you wont need to reset your unit again.

Hope this works!!