Solved

How do I add a second cable modem to my account?

• 19 September 2023
  • 5 replies

Badge

When I click add device, it only lets me choose surfboard mesh or 6GHz devices. 

icon

Best answer by SURFboard Moderator 23 September 2023, 00:39

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +41

Hello jmattson

You can use only one cable modem or gateway on one application you can add devices like router or extenders to the application not another modem to it. So if you are trying to use another modem you need use separate app.

Badge

Where can I find this second app you refer to?

Userlevel 5
Badge +41

In the Surfboard central application, you can usually register only one modem. If you preferred to register another cable modem,

install the Surfboard central application in different mobile phone and registered with different Email address, which is not used in the previous modem setup.

Badge

You’ve got to be kidding. I have to buy a second mobile phone and set up a alternate email address to register a second modem?!?

Userlevel 5
Badge +41

Not really if you need Surfboard application for another modem there is no option for to use ne surfboard application for two different modems so you need to use two surfboard application for each modem and so two different email address to setup each application.