Solved

how to find my password

• 1 October 2023
  • 8 replies

Badge

Hi, I’m trying to enter my WiFi interface to allow my repeater since I cannot connect it to my new WiFi network. The name is “admin” but I cannot find out what is the password I should use. Can you help please?

icon

Best answer by LoveMyLab 1 October 2023, 21:21

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +18

It varies by model. What unit do you have?

Badge

My model is TG3442. I’ve tried all the basic by default passwords but none of them worked 

Userlevel 2
Badge +18

In that case, I would probably do a factory reset.

Badge

I just install it today and it’s brand new. That wouldn’t change anything. 

Userlevel 2
Badge +18

Sorry, I didn’t know that. If you haven’t modified anything my understanding is:

Access to the modem has the default credentials of admin/password. Those are what you would use if you are attempting to access the admin console.

“If you are looking for the Wi-Fi credentials the default Wi-Fi name and password will be mentioned on the modem label” per a previous moderator update on another thread.

Let us know if this helps.

Badge

Yes I just installed everything today and was trying to access the console to allow access to my repeater from there. But I cannot find what is the by default password to access the console itself. The login automatically appears as “admin”, then I tried to access using different password such as “admin”, “password”, “1234”, but they do not work and I need to access the console otherwise my repeater does not connect to the network. 

Userlevel 2
Badge +18

Sorry, not sure what to suggest at this point. Hopefully one of the moderators will step in. Sure looks like password is correct for that specific unit.

I have tried the password “password”, but it’s not working. I have tried even using a capital “P”, or even “1234”. I lock myself out many times.  Where do I find the password?  I contacted Arris by phone (a number that my internet provider gave me) they said that they can not help me with that.