Solved

SURFboard Firmware Flaw - Event Log Page

• 8 September 2023
  • 3 replies

Badge

Is anyone experiencing a problem with firmware TB01.03.001.16_091322_212.0A for SB8200 and other modems for the Event Log page.  The problem is two-fold.  There are lines of ‘frozen’ text in the upper left corner of the Event Log page referencing ‘Confirm Settings’ but there is no response when clicked. Second, the Event Log is not populated.

I have the problem when using Chrome to sign into my SB8200.

I have confirmed with a Cox Corporate engineer responsible for modem testing that this a flaw.  He asked me to try the work-around of clearing the Chrome cache which did work for some of my PCs, but not others.  He also suggested I try other browsers and I confirmed the problem does not appear with Edge after I clear that cache.  He did not offer any further comments how he is working with Arris to get a repaired firmware load to push.  He did not offer if it causes any other problems with the modem.

I am having problems with the modem continuously cycling through three ‘profiles’ trying to find the best to use.  This began 3 days AFTER I worked with a senior Cox tech to fully clean my installation.

I have tried to contact Arris support through multiple paths about this flaw through chat, email and call.  They collect the information but do not respond (7 weeks later) to acknowledge the flaw or confirm a forthcoming fix.

icon

Best answer by LoveMyLab 9 September 2023, 22:33

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +18

I am running the following version and am not having an issue. This is what Cox has enabled.

TB01.01.001.05_012122_212.0A
Badge

I am running the following version and am not having an issue. This is what Cox has enabled.

TB01.01.001.05_012122_212.0A

Are you able to see the Event Logs?  And using which browser?  It works with some and not others per my confirmation and the Cox engineer.  Still wondering why Arris is taking so long to issue a corrected release.  This was a new release about 90 days ago.

Wasn’t / isn’t seeming to affect performance but I wanted to be able to view the Logs. 

Userlevel 2
Badge +18

I can see the event logs. It works with both Chrome and Edge.