Question

Updates?

• 18 February 2023
  • 1 reply

I have “wonderful” Frontier cable TV (they are trying to dump us from TV service) and I HOPE there is some kind of an update available for my modem NVG4488Q (antique?) I don’t know if Frontier does updates remotely OR I have to do something to update. One problem I have is with the TV in the kitchen. At times the TV will freeze for several seconds, sometimes longer, no voice and I miss important parts of a movie etc. Frontier’s solution- hardwire the main box in my living room on the other side of the house to the stupid HOCKEY PUCK BOX in the kitchen that would require doing that in the basement with no easy way to accomplish that! 🤬🤬 Previous to this hockey puck that is CONSTANTLY HOT even when off, I had a smaller box that they don’t have anymore.

If an update won’t help would any of those WI-FI extenders that I see advertised help solve this problem? I don’t live in a mansion, so it’s not that the main box is thousands of feet away from the satellite box here in the kitchen. It’s a problem that makes me crazy. How do I find out if there are any updates and are they easy to do. I am pretty computer literate, so I should be able to do it myself if that’s the case.

Any help that anyone can give me would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

This topic has been closed for comments

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +41

Hello Fastdriver109,

We understand you would like to have  an update on NVG4488Q , Sorry to inform we don't support NVG4488Q . 

Kindly contact ISP for further trouble shooting .

If you have any queries let us know