Solved

S33 2.5GE Port Blinking Amber

• 7 October 2023
  • 3 replies

Badge

Hello, 

I was using the Xfinity-provided combo unit and decided to purchase a better standalone unit.  I went with the Arris Surfboard S33 modem and a mesh network router system.  My Xfinity plan gets up to 1.2 GB of download. 

Since installing the S33 modem about a week ago, I'm only seeing downloads around 100mbps.  Any video calls have been very choppy as well.  

I have an Ethernet cable connected from my router to the 2.5GE port on my S33.  The light on said port is blinking amber.  From what I'm seeing online, that means it's on a 100mbps connection. 

How can I improve this connection to get closer to my plan maximum?  I've reset the modem and nothing's changed.  Any help would be appreciated. 

icon

Best answer by SURFboard Moderator 14 November 2023, 23:54

View original

3 replies

The 2.5 Gb port flashing amber suggests to me that download speed is only 100Mb. I have a similar setup and my S33’s 2.5 Gb port flashes green.

So, have you activated your new modem with Xfinity?

I activated my S33 using the Xfinity app. I initially tried to activate it by calling Xfinity and speaking to customer service but the automated phone message run-around was too much to bear.

Hope this helps. Good luck.

Badge

The 2.5 Gb port flashing amber suggests to me that download speed is only 100Mb. I have a similar setup and my S33’s 2.5 Gb port flashes green.

So, have you activated your new modem with Xfinity?

I activated my S33 using the Xfinity app. I initially tried to activate it by calling Xfinity and speaking to customer service but the automated phone message run-around was too much to bear.

Hope this helps. Good luck.

Thanks for the reply.  Yes, I set my modem up with Xfinity using the Xfinity app.  The app shows my modem is online.     

Userlevel 5
Badge +41

Hope you are able to achieve the Xfinity plan which is 1.2Gb if still you are facing the issue please check the cable signal levels for proper internet.

Follow the below link for cable signal levels : 

http://arris.force.com/consumers/articles/General_FAQs/S33-Cable-Signal-Levels