Skip to main content
Solved

Arris S33 modem dropping DOCSYS 3.1 connecton wo XFINITY GB service

• 13 July 2024
  • 7 replies

For the last few weeks, I have noticed my Arris S33 Cable modem has been dropping the DOCSIS 3.1 connection (solid blue LED) to XFINITY GB service and reconnects at DOCSIS 3.0 (Solid green LED). It’s still pretty fast but I take exception to XFINITY providing LESS service for more $, 

Is anyone else experiencing this DOCSIS 3.1 drop with Xfinity?

BTW, I’m in Tucson, AZ

This topic has been closed for comments

7 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +41

In this case we need to check for few information to isolate the issue

What is your current speed plan?

Which ethernet on the modem your device is connected? 

Need to check for the cable signal level on the modem GUI. Please follow the steps mentioned on the below article to check the signal level.

http://arris.force.com/consumers/articles/General_FAQs/S33-Cable-Signal-Levels
Badge

“In this case we need to check for few information to isolate the issue”

What is your current speed plan? = Xfinity 1.2GB 

Which ethernet on the modem your device is connected?  Top 2.5 Port Connected to Netgear ORBI RBR850

Need to check for the cable signal level on the modem GUI. Please follow the steps mentioned on the below article to check the signal level.

Power levels from S33 after power off/on reboot. 

Badge

Regarding the UPSTREAM CHANNELS, The modem signal strength report lists 6 channels so from the document , So I assume the power settings should be 45-51 dBmV and these are all high in the report? 

Userlevel 5
Badge +41

I would suggest connecting the Ethernet cable with a 1GB port to the netgear router and monitoring the performance for at least 2 to 3 hours.

Badge

Xfinity just left. Found water in conduit between house & street. Ran temp line until they can replace and adjusted power for S33 and X1.  so far so good  

Badge

Xfinity provides a different set of specs for their GB+ srevvice - power levels between 40-50 for upstream channels and -8 to+10 for downstream channels.

Userlevel 5
Badge +41

The power level for the upstream channel should be greater than 45 dBmv. I would suggest reprovisioning the modem with an internet service provider.