Skip to main content

I just purchased this Arris Surfboard S34 modem from Amazon on September 28, 2024.  Before I connected the modem to the router, I logged into the modem using 192.168.0.1. Once in, I setup my username and password. After COX activated my modem, I connected my PC to the modem using the 2.5 Gbps Ethernet port.  Once my PC was connected to the Internet I can browse any website without any problems. However, there are two issues: 1 - the LED light on the 2.5 Gbps Ethernet port is blinking constantly, and the color is yellow.  2 - I tried to ping the modem using 192.168.0.1. The ping replies with: Request timed out.  Also, if I type the same IP address in any browser, I can’t access the modem. The message: This site can’t be reached.  Please advise.  Thank you.

S34 is just a cable modem so the modem GUI can be accessed only using 192.168.100.1

To access modem web interface please do use the above IP address and also you can check on the below link to work on the modem settings page.

https://arris.my.salesforce-sites.com/consumers/articles/General_FAQs/Workaround-Accessing-the-Cable-Modem-Status-Page