Skip to main content
Solved

Can a PoE Splitter fix the issue with S33 only allowing one connection

• 23 July 2024
  • 2 replies

Hello,

I want my PC to be connected directly to the S33 with the 2.5GB port, while my router mesh system is connected to the 1 GB port.  Based on testing and what I read this is not possible as the S33 will only cater to one connection for because of IP addresses.

My question is if I buy say a Cerio POE-PD04S+ PoE Splitter plugged into the 2.5GB port will I be able to successfully connect both my PC and Mesh router to the POE?

Appreciate the tips in advance, currently I just have the Router plugged into the 2.5GB port while the PC is connected to the router’s 1GB port. I could possibly test having the router connected to the 2.5GB using its 1GB port then plugging the PC to the router’s 2.5GB but assuming that wouldn't work.

This topic has been closed for comments

2 replies

Badge

Just tested, still running into the same issue. I guess I just need a product that’s not meant for the price point the S33 is.

The Eero also does not have an extra 2.5gb port. 

Really dissapointing.

Userlevel 5
Badge +41

I would suggest connecting only the router to the modem through an Ethernet cable and checking the internet access. You can access only one port at a time since all the Ethernet ports are assigned the same IP address. If you are using multiple ports at the same time, that won't connect to the internet.