Skip to main content

My Arris Surfboard S33 will not connect to the internet after the Cox truck was outside yesterday. Cox claims there is no connectivity issue, but router is just stuck with a solid blue light now and none of our devices can connect. Any thoughts?

Hello dgalonska

S33 is just a cable modem so to check the modem you should connect any device to the modem directly hardwired then check the modem IP on the device connected to it so if you find the IPV4 address is private IP that shows your modem is working fine and its not getting internet from the internet service provider if the modem IPV4 is public it will provide you internet on direct connection. The public address range is any number not used in the private IP address, such as 8.8. 8.8, whereas the private IP address range is 10.0. 0.0-10.255.You can also try checking internet on other ethernet port on the modem. Try  basic trouble shooting like restarting and resetting using the reset pin underneath the modem.

I would suggest plugging the modem into your system directly using the ethernet port while it’s also connected to the coax cable. Then you can go to the ip address for your modem to see what it says about the connectivity failure.

The ip address for this is typically 192.168.100.1 and I think the default login / password is admin / password. It should show you on the first page if it’s connecting to all of their channels, most modems have multiple channels that it connects to the isp service at the nodes.

I’ve also had the check my box outside on the house, the first tech who came to my house and installed everything left my wires exposed so every time it rained it would disconnect us.