Skip to main content
Solved

Led light status on ethernet port - S33v2

• 24 June 2024
  • 7 replies

I replaced a Netgear cable modem, I have a S33v2 and using the 2.5 GE eathernet port it is connected to an Azus GT-AX11000.  However the ethernet port is blinking yellow, my connected devices via the Asus can get 700+ Mbps, so it seems like it working fine.  But per the manual I would have expect the ethernet port to blink green indicating a 1 GE connection.   

A bit confused.

thanks in advnace

David 

7 replies

Badge

Oh, maybe it is defective.  I can just return it to the store and see if next one does the same thing.  

Userlevel 5
Badge +41

Basically the lights on the ethernet port will  indicate the configuration mentioned below

Speed indicator: Amber on – Operating as a Gigabit connection (1000 Mbps). Green on – Operating as a 100-Mbps connection. Off – Operating as a 10-Mbps connection.

Badge

Hi Does that mean the manual for the S33 is incorrect?  It says the amber is for the slower 10/100 MBGs and the green is the faster GigE.   Below is image from user manual. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +41

Could you let us know the Ethernet cable category?

Also, I suggest checking the cable signals to make sure all signals are in range.

http://arris.force.com/consumers/articles/General_FAQs/S33-Cable-Signal-Levels

Badge

it is a CAT 8 cable.  I guess I will have to check the cable signals.  Not sure I have gotten answer to if is supposed be flashing yellow or green with GigE connection.  I.e. is the manual correct or not?

Badge

Ok, I unplugged the cable from the 2.5 GigE on the S33 and into the 1 GigE on and now is blinking green.  So it appears that for a 2.5 GigE to be green both ends of the cable need to be 2.5+ GigE compliant. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +41

Usually, if the Led light is on green color, you can expect the speed up to 1gb.

You might experience with slow speed if the ethernet port LED light is on amber due to signal traffic,