Skip to main content
Solved

modem S33 solid blue light but no iternet

• 25 June 2024
  • 1 reply

I bought a brand new modem so I could get 2gb speeds from my internet provider as my old modem was unable to do these speeds. When I hooked it up and had it added to my account it gives me a blue light saying it’s connected. The cox representative told me it was good to go but I didn’t have internet access. I called my router company and after factoring resetting it we were unable to get on the internet. They had me trying to go straight from the modem to my desktop and it still wouldn’t connect to the internet. I had a technician  come out and he tested the line and it was good and was confused on why the modem was working but not letting us on the internet. Is it possible I got a bad router from factory? I spent 200$ on the modem so I’m hoping this is not the case but I’m not sure what else to think at this point. 

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +41

S33 having solid blue light but still there is no internet even on direct connection please try power cycling modem and check for the internet by connecting any device to the modem LAN port. If still there facing same issue please do check for the IPV4 address on the device also try accessing modem GUI or web interface to check the status of the modem.