Skip to main content
Solved

S33 Modem - No Internet

• 29 April 2024
  • 5 replies

I have a Netgear router with ACCESS CONTROL turned on but NOT blocking new devices. My S33 modem seems to have valid 

connection lights (solid blue) but none of my wifi devices have internet access. Connected/No Internet.

Everything works fine with my older cable modem….

In this case the modem having solid blue LED on the front panel and also you confirmed that your modem is giving Internet service so you can try power cycling modem for a minute then also restart the router after the device reboots completely you can try connecting router to the modem ethernet port 1 and check for the internet. If still same issue persist you need to check with your router manufacturer for further trouble shooting.

Tried those and connected C33 directly to a port on my laptop. Laptop had no IP4 or IP6 addresses.

BTW, the reset slot/hole was not available. Looked like the ‘plug’ in the hole had not been removed.

To factory reset the modem, please follow the instructions on the below given link:

http://arris.force.com/consumers/articles/General_FAQs/S33-Factory-Reset

After the factory reset, connect the modem to the computer through a direct connection. Make sure that the second port is not connected to any other devices.

There is no hole where it should be, I have returned this device.

I suggest checking the reset button at the bottom of the modem or behind the modem.