Skip to main content
Solved

S33 Replacement not working - Arris won't refund

• 24 January 2024
  • 3 replies

So I had a S33 for a few months, then it stopped working. Arris sent a replacement.

The new one won’t connect at all. I worked with Xfinity for over an hour trying to get it connected and they told me there was a Docsis error on the modem. So I’m using a rented Xfinity modem now and it works perfectly.

I called Arris about just sending theirs back for a refund but I was told that was impossible since it was a replacement. They want to go through troubleshooting before they’ll even offer any recourse.

I am done with Arris I think. After going through two bad modems I just want a refund. Will they offer a refund if I go through troubleshooting with them and it still doesn’t work or will they just send an endless stream of replacements until my warranty runs out?

Pretty typical of companies to go through troubleshooting before offering a refund. And usually then it isn’t even a refund but a replacement. Might as well get your replacement and then just resell it. 

Or you can keep trying for the refund. Its possible but you’ll need to go through support

Yeah. I guess I’ll have to schedule another 1 ½ to 2 hours when no one is needing the internet to troubleshoot with them.

It looks like your second replacement modem is not working and currently you're using the Xfinity modem as rental. 

For more information, on refund/replacement contact arris.com/consumersupport