Skip to main content
Solved

S33v2 second port access

• 19 August 2023
  • 1 reply

Have my Arris Surfboard S33v2 (using the 2.5G port) hooked up to my Eero 6+ router via a 1.5ft Cat Ethernet cable with Spectrum as my ISP (only currently available in area but hopefully getting Fidium soon).  I use the other of 2 ports in the Eero for a wired connection to my Xbox.  

My question is this: am I able to use the open 1G port in the MODEM to connect via internet to anything?  When I try with TV or Xbox, it says I need to enable DHCP for Xbox, or DNP for TV.  Some things have said call ISP to activate another modem port, called spectrum and they say they can’t do that, they can only activate the coax cable.  Any help or ideas?

the problem isn’t the modem, its the spectrum only provisions consumer modems for 1 public ip address. its up to the router to take that public ip address and assign private ip addresses to devices on your network. Meaning only 1 device can be connected to the modem. 

You can pay for additional public ip addresses or switch to a business line and maybe be able to use it. Or pick up a cheap gigabit switch to connect to the eero to have more ports (thats the route I’d use)