Skip to main content

My s34 is directly wired to my computer via Ethernet 2.5 port (though I also tried the 1.0 port and the result is the same). I can access the web interface for about 15 seconds after a reboot of the modem, but then I have no access. I need the status page to show my ISP that the drops are due to infrastructure problems (upstream and downstream power), not my home network. I replaced the modem at their request and... Surprise, the problems are not any different with a new modem.

I can connect to the IP for the web interface either direct connected or behind my wired ubiquity erx router, but only for the first 15-30 seconds the modem is on. What could be the problem here?

To be clear, connectivity is fine when I'm trying to access the web interface.

Since you mentioned that you are facing connectivity issue could you please help us with the speed plan that your in with your service provider and also when you loose connectivity do you see the modem is going OFF completely or just changing color on the modem front panel?

You can try accessing modem GUI on direct connection after disconnecting the coax cable from the modem and once you are in you can connect the coax cable back to the modem to check for the cable signal level.

Thanks for the response. Disconnecting the coax does indeed give reliable access to the web interface. However, when I reconnect the cable, I’m immediately unable to access the web interface again (from any of three browsers including using incognito mode) with error: ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT.

The status page is showing a whole slew of No Ranging Response received - T3 time-out critical errors.

What I really want is to see the upstream and downstream power levels, but I can get a read because it won’t let me login when it’s connected to the coax.

My connectivity issues manifest as short blips of disconnection -- never long enough that I can get down to see the modem lights.

I have this same issue. My setup:

• Arris S34, Software Version AT01.01.010.042324_S3.04.735
  • Connected to the WAN port of my router, UDM-PRO
  • ISP Cox, Gigabit service

If I boot up the modem without the coax connected I can freely access the web UI at 192.168.100.1. With the modem already booted up, and flashing green because there is no coax connection, if I CONNECT THE COAX I will lose access to the web UI once the modem light goes blue.

When the modem is fully online (blue light) I can’t access the web UI or ping the device at 192.168.100.1. Pinging results in ‘Request timeout’.

I ended up returning the router because I couldn’t get a status page. Cursory search shows that I’m not the only one fighting this on the s33/s34 modems. I would be curious to know if the same issues occur on mac/linux or if this is perhaps caused by something windows specific. I was running Win 11 Pro on my rig.

@zediiiii I know you returned the modem but this question is for other users looking at this post.  Did you get a chance to try any of the steps in this FAQ?

It worked for user with SB8200 on this post.

@Netopia  thanks for the question. I think I tried that. All of the devices on my network have static IPS in an IP range that is not the standard 192.168. I don't know if I would need the IP of the router to be in the 192.168.x network address and on a different sub net (for the x part) to follow the instructions in the tutorial exactly, or if just having static addresses in a completely different IP range was sufficient. To be clear my router was something like 11.15.x.x.

I wasn't going to screw with a lot of static infrastructure to find out.