Skip to main content
Solved

Unable to login GUI page with default password

• 19 April 2023
  • 2 replies

Brand new S33.  Installed it last night, and it wasn’t talking.  Woke up this morning, had not touched it, yet it was working fine.

Proceeded to try logging in to https://192.168.100.1/Login.html

I have carefully observed the serial number and tried to log in with the last 8 digits.  The serial number is in this format:

block 1 - 4 characters, mixed letters and numbers - space
block 2 - 4 numbers - space
block 3 - 4 numbers - space
block 4 - 3 numbers

As such, the password I am using is the last digit of block 2, all 4 digits of block 3, and the 3 digits from block 4.  That does not work.  What am I missing here?

This is resolved.  I learned that the default password was “password”, regardless of what the manual indicated.  I used that, was able to reset the password, and I’m in now.

My next issue is that a friend who knows my IP was able to browse to that IP and see a login screen.  Trying to learn if there is a way to block that.

This is resolved.  I learned that the default password was “password”, regardless of what the manual indicated.  I used that, was able to reset the password, and I’m in now.

My next issue is that a friend who knows my IP was able to browse to that IP and see a login screen.  Trying to learn if there is a way to block that.

The S33 does not have advanced settings to block that, however you can change your password to log in to the 192.168.100.1 so you are going to be the only one who has acces to the modem web interface