Skip to main content
Solved

SB6183 suddenly not working on wifi

• 29 June 2024
  • 2 replies

Hello good people of this community.  I've just ran into an issue with my Arris Surfboard SB6183 modem.  My phone was showing connected with no internet.  I unplugged the modem and separate router and plugged the modem back in first.  It's lighting up the power light solid and then the others are flashing in order until it gets to the bottom light and then goes solid and starts all over again.  I chatted with someone from Spectrum and they had me do some troubleshooting, which I had done already.  They can see the modem had been offline for about 30 minutes at that point, but no other help besides contacting the manufacturer.  So here I am.  Any ideas?  Thanks for your help in advance.

This topic has been closed for comments

2 replies

Badge +1

I have the 6190 modem.   Had a similar problem.    I called the MFG and they told

me to try the reset button.   On the 6190 its a small hole in the back of the modem.

I used a non metallic item and pressed it.  I think I had to hold it for a specific amount

of seconds.  It clears the modem completely but it would be best if your modem has

the reset button to look up the procedure first.

I disconnected the router ethernet cable and let the modem boot up and establish the proper lights

on the front.   I might have let it sit there for 30 mins or so.  Then I connected my router ethernet

cable to the modem and power the router up.   Everything worked after that.

Ken

Badge

I let the modem and router sit unplugged for most of last night after I posted this and finally went to plug everything in.  The modem booted up perfectly and everything has been working since.  I don't think my modem has a reset button.  I find that to be odd, but it is what it is.