Solved

ARRIS WARRANTY not honored

• 25 May 2023
  • 3 replies

Badge

I bought an ARRIS SURFBOARD 6190 on October 17 last year at Office Depot.

The Modem stopped working yesterday, after only 7 months. No power to the modem. Power adapter was OK, Power Outlet was OK, Modem not working. I called ARRIS support, they said the warranty is not covered here because Office Depot is not an authorized dealer for ARRIS. This is absolutely dissatisfying and the first time I heard it. Will never again buy this brand.  Modem replaced with a Netgear device…. 

icon

Best answer by SURFboard Support 26 May 2023, 19:39

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +40

@SURFboard_Big_Kahuna is that correct that office depot isn’t supported? 

Userlevel 3
Badge +13

Hello @kr1572,

I’m sorry to hear about your situation.  Our SURFboard products are sold through Amazon, Best Buy, Target, and Walmart retailers.  We’ll investigate the status of Office Depot and Office Max.  In the mean time, I’ll ping you on the private message to further assistance.  

Badge

I bought this one at my local Office Depot.

As a consumer, I cannot check for every product of the retailer is authorized or not. This response from your hotline earlier this week is unacceptable.

It is also unacceptable for me to have no Internet for 2 days. I work online and rely on my internet connection.

Your response is too late and I already bought a Netgear replacement with extended warranty.