Question

connecting an sb6190 modem to an eero router

• 18 April 2023
  • 1 reply

Badge

I accidentally unplugged my arris sb6190 modem. When I plugged it back in my network no longer works. It worked fine before I unplugged it.

When I plugged it in, the top light (power) was solid green, then the next three lights flashed green, then the middle two went solid green, while the last one (network) flashed green. Eventually the power light went solid white, the middle two went solid blue and the bottom one went solid white. I have tried to power the modem up again and power cycle the eero router. I called my isp, spectrum. They can see the modem and sent a recycle to it. Same results - power light and network light solid white and the middle two lights are solid blue. The eero router light is flashing blue.

I can see my network name on my devices but when I try to connect to it is just spins.

Help - how do I fix this?

This topic has been closed for comments

1 reply

Badge +1

Sounds like you have a solid connection with your cable modem and that’s the first thing that must be completed.  After that, it has to be your router, more than likely.  If it’s not new, I would just power cycle it.  Most routers automatically recover when your cable modem loses power.  Some don’t.  My router light flashes when it loses internet connectivity and goes solid when it reconnects.  If it’s new, double check the documentation for any steps you may have missed.

Finally, I would connect your laptop/computer directly to your sb6190 (via ethernet cable) to see if you get an internet connection successfully.  If you do, then the focus should be on your router instead of the sb6190.

Kind regards