Skip to main content
Question

3.1 dosis

• 30 January 2023
  • 9 replies

So i have a issue. Im on 3.1 dosis mode with my provider and they keep telling me to update my modem which is the sb8200. Or contact the company about it which is why im here. I get 1 blue light when is the downstream. And the upstream is green which makes no sense . I pay for a gig down and 105 up. Im only getting 60 upload. I could buy another one to see what happens its been a few year but yea

This topic has been closed for comments

9 replies

Badge +4

Hi  Reign1515,

Could you please share the screenshot of Status page?  (Which has the upstream and downstream information) so that we can check if the cable signal levels are within the acceptable range.

You can get into the web interface by accessing the 192.168.100.1 after connecting the computer directly to the modem. 

Badge +1

Badge +1

Hi  Reign1515,

Could you please share the screenshot of Status page?  (Which has the upstream and downstream information) so that we can check if the cable signal levels are within the acceptable range.

You can get into the web interface by accessing the 192.168.100.1 after connecting the computer directly to the modem. 

I just posted it i thought it replyed to you sorry ill post it again

Userlevel 6
Badge +40

Most ISP’s don’t lock in the docsis 3.1 channels for upload, just download. Who’s your ISP thats giving you 105mbps upload? Pretty impressive as most have a pretty low upload speed. I have 1.4gig as well as I’m only provisioned for 40mbps upload through xfinity. 

Your values don’t look horrible. Got a few errors on the one channel. Do you have the modem logs to check?

Badge +1

Most ISP’s don’t lock in the docsis 3.1 channels for upload, just download. Who’s your ISP thats giving you 105mbps upload? Pretty impressive as most have a pretty low upload speed. I have 1.4gig as well as I’m only provisioned for 40mbps upload through xfinity. 

Your values don’t look horrible. Got a few errors on the one channel. Do you have the modem logs to check?

My isp is vyve broadband and they started offering 105 upload back in dec so like am month ago. 

[edit: removed image with personal information]

Userlevel 6
Badge +40

Your logs are indicate issues with the line and with the cmts resetting your device. 

Start with removing any amplifiers, signal attenuators, or splitters from the coax.
From there check the line for kinks, damage, moisture in the line.
Check the connectors for improperly made ends, foil touching the copper coax line, loose connections, bad/old/cheap connectors, or corroded connections. Replace them if you do.
If you can, simply connect the modem right where the coax comes into the home. This prevents wiring in the home from being the issue. And some ISP’s charge if the wiring issue is in the home. So this helps prevent this.

Badge +1

Your logs are indicate issues with the line and with the cmts resetting your device. 

Start with removing any amplifiers, signal attenuators, or splitters from the coax.
From there check the line for kinks, damage, moisture in the line.
Check the connectors for improperly made ends, foil touching the copper coax line, loose connections, bad/old/cheap connectors, or corroded connections. Replace them if you do.
If you can, simply connect the modem right where the coax comes into the home. This prevents wiring in the home from being the issue. And some ISP’s charge if the wiring issue is in the home. So this helps prevent this.

So this is a apartment and there isnt any thing beside the modem connected. I have a guy ill ask who works for the isp company and he is near to try those things. Cause i was finna buy a new modem to see if thatll change. Cause he did confirm that 3.1 is pushing up to 120 and 3.0 is pushing 60-70 max

Userlevel 6
Badge +40

the SB8200 is a pretty solid modem. Not sure if you’d see much difference switching. But you can always try it. I’d be checking the lines more with a guy you’ll ask. 

Badge +1

the SB8200 is a pretty solid modem. Not sure if you’d see much difference switching. But you can always try it. I’d be checking the lines more with a guy you’ll ask. 

Well i notice the light is green on the upload and blue on the download. So i want to think my modem might be just time to change it has been through some hurricanes and stuff. Ima go get the modem right now and try that. If not then ima deal with the isp to get theres and if that aint it then its gotta be the wires outside