Solved

Arris SB8200 - struggling to connect to ISP and when it appears to connect it restarts

• 18 September 2023
  • 6 replies

Badge

Video of when all the lights appear to be working , and then it restarts : https://imgur.com/a/tetTSa6

Is it overheating? 

I haven’t been able to login into the modem to see if it’s working, via direct Ethernet 192.168.100.1

it’s been 24 hours since I gave the MAC address to my ISP,

I’ve tried all the basic troubleshooting steps to no avail.

icon

Best answer by SURFboard Moderator 2 October 2023, 14:50

View original

6 replies

Badge

Note: I previously had a Netgear CAX30, my own equipment and had no issues with my ISP. 

Userlevel 2
Badge +19

It would be nice to see the Connection Status and event log. When you restart it, how long does it stay up? When I set up my SB8200, the ISP did the setup while I was on the phone, and confirmed the connection.

Badge

It would be nice to see the Connection Status and event log. When you restart it, how long does it stay up? When I set up my SB8200, the ISP did the setup while I was on the phone, and confirmed the connection.

I’m having trouble figuring out how to reach the modem status page, 192.168.100.1 doesn’t seem to work for me. 

it mostly is just flashing all of the lights except power over last 24 hrs. Only caught it twice seeming to be solid colors, and it only lasted a few minutes each time.

Userlevel 2
Badge +19

Are you using a PC? What browser? If you are running Chrome and use Google One’s VPN, it will block you and you will need to turn the VPN off. I’d connect your PC (if available) directly to the first LAN port via ethernet to get everything else out of the equation. I suspect it is a handshake issue with your ISP that is causing it to reboot. 

A proper startup looks like the following:

Badge

I am directly connected to the modem via Ethernet. I’ve also tried different outlets and have tried manually setting my IP to match modem IP as well.

on phone with Breezeline now but it seems like more of the same.

Userlevel 5
Badge +41

Could you let us know the IPV4 address when the modem is directly connected to the computer so this will help us to know if the modem is able to provide a valid IPV4 .

Also, try doing  a Reset and check the IPV4 address : To do the Factory Reset follow the link below : 

ttp://arris.force.com/consumers/articles/General_FAQs/SB8200-Factory-Reset