Skip to main content

I recently purchased a SB8200 from Target.  I’m unable to log into the web UI at 192.168.100.1.  I initially signed in and set a password, but then couldn’t sign in after setting the password.  I’ve tried resetting to factory defaults, but still can’t sign in. (It says incorrect password.)  I called support and they said the unit is out of warranty, that I’d have to pay $40 for support.  They advised that I email my receipt to support, which I did weeks ago with no response.  Any recommendations on how to resolve these two issues? I’m assuming I’ll be told to factory reset which I’ve tried multiple times, but still can’t sign in using the default: admin/password

Since you performed factory reset the modem, I would suggest using the Password as password or last 8 digits of the serial number.

http://arris.force.com/consumers/articles/General_FAQs/SB8200-Web-Manager-Access

The username is "admin," and the initial password was "password," as stated in the quick start guide that comes with it.

However, after a factory reset, the password changes to the last eight digits of the serial number, which isn't mentioned in the guide. Appreciate the tip; I was on the verge of returning the product, but this information spared me the trouble.

Upon first login, I managed to register the device, which provided me with a 27-month warranty. It's an unusual duration, seemingly an extra three months added to the typical two-year warranty.

Normally SB8200 default password for the GUI web portal is password or last 8 digits of the serial number.

Warranty for the SB8200 is 2years for the new unit and 1year for refurbished unit.