Solved

Cannot login a SB8200, already reset!

Just got the SB8200 yesterday. Activated thru Spectrum. I tried to login at 192.165.100.1 . It keeps telling my wrong user name and wrong password. I did the factory reset. Still won’t let me login.

What else can I do? Please

icon

Best answer by Chucky 14 July 2022, 18:24

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

14 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +40

it should be 192.168.100.1

(you put 192.165.****)

the login should be be admin. 

The password is either: password or the last 8 digits of the serial. 

It is case sensitive. 

https://arris.secure.force.com/consumers/articles/General_FAQs/SB8200-Web-Manager-Access

Yes I know. My mistake in this forum but I did not do that on the modem. The modem will not let me use the factory username and password after I do the factory reset!

Userlevel 6
Badge +40

did you try the last 8 of the serial number? 

have you tried a different pc/browser? I’ve seen password managers overwrite answers 

it should be 192.168.100.1

(you put 192.165.****)

the login should be be admin. 

The password is either: password or the last 8 digits of the serial. 

It is case sensitive. 

https://arris.secure.force.com/consumers/articles/General_FAQs/SB8200-Web-Manager-Access

Yes I know. My mistake in this forum but I did not do that on the modem. The modem will not let me use the factory username and password after I do the factory res

Userlevel 6
Badge +40

Must have missed something as that posting was just a repeat of the prior. 

Must have missed something as that posting was just a repeat of the prior. 

Yes I know I repeat the post. I did what Arris says to do after a factory reset. I only have 1 computer. And only 1 browser.

Can Spectrum lock you out of the modem? They do ask for the serial number and mac address.

Userlevel 6
Badge +40

Did you try the serial number? 

You can download other browsers to try.

Userlevel 6
Badge +40

You can also try disconnecting the coax from the mode and then pushing and holding reset for 30 seconds while its powered on. then after it reboots, try connecting the coax back up to it and trying to log into it

You can also try disconnecting the coax from the mode and then pushing and holding reset for 30 seconds while its powered on. then after it reboots, try connecting the coax back up to it and trying to log into it

Tried disconnect the cable. Held pin down for 30 seconds. reconnected the cable. Nothing will not let me use the factory username and password. And tried another browser. Still will not work. This $150.00 modem seems to be garbage. If I cannot login.

Userlevel 6
Badge +40

Not sure why you’re trying to log into it. 

If its new, you can always contact support or exchange it. 

Wait your not even using Arris products. Your on netgear! Do you know what you see when you login?

Well I have Spectrum. I am suppose to be getting 300Mbps download speed. But I am actually getting 23.5Mbps download speed. Cables companies have been screwing over their customers for years. A lot of people are blind to it.

So login in helps me see the info I need!

I called Arris. It’s fix. They told me. But will not say. Anyone that gets this can change any ones username and password. Thank you.

Left another message but I used a word they didn’t like.And it was not a 4 let word. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +40

Glad you got it fixed!

you might mark it solved so others aren’t still trying to fix it. 

Glad you got it fixed!

you might mark it solved so others aren’t still trying to fix it. 

How do you close the tread?