Solved

connecting sb8200 to optimum

• 29 March 2024
  • 1 reply

Badge

I purchased an SB8200 to connect to Optimum after having them scan the MAC address at their local office the modem will not connect.  The power light is green downstream and upstream lights stay solid greed and internet light flashes green.    This stays this way for several minutes then the internet turns solid green for maybe 5 seconds then all lights except power go out and the process repeats.  I have had them reflash the service, confirmed the MAC address and even changed my service coax cable.   

I had this issue about 1-2 years ago when I upgraded a modem at another location and after much ado it was resolved but I don’t remember how it was resolved.  I really feel this is an optimum side issue but any advice would be appreciated.  

icon

Best answer by SURFboard Moderator 30 March 2024, 17:39

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +41

SB8200 is just a cable modem so it doesn't have any advanced configuration on the modem GUI but for this issue we need to check the cable signal level on the modem to isolate the issue so please just follow the steps mentioned on the article below.

http://arris.force.com/consumers/articles/General_FAQs/SB8200-Cable-Signal-Levels