Solved

connecting sb8200 to optimum

• 29 March 2024
  • 5 replies

Badge

I purchased an SB8200 to connect to Optimum after having them scan the MAC address at their local office the modem will not connect.  The power light is green downstream and upstream lights stay solid greed and internet light flashes green.    This stays this way for several minutes then the internet turns solid green for maybe 5 seconds then all lights except power go out and the process repeats.  I have had them reflash the service, confirmed the MAC address and even changed my service coax cable.   

I had this issue about 1-2 years ago when I upgraded a modem at another location and after much ado it was resolved but I don’t remember how it was resolved.  I really feel this is an optimum side issue but any advice would be appreciated.  

icon

Best answer by SURFboard Moderator 30 March 2024, 17:39

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +41

More or less, it looks like the modem is not able to connect to the internet, when the fourth light (Internet) is flashing.

Let's connect the modem directly to the ethernet port of the laptop or computer and check the IPV4 address.

If the IPV4 id valid then modem will connect to internet.

Badge

More or less, it looks like the modem is not able to connect to the internet, when the fourth light (Internet) is flashing.

Let's connect the modem directly to the ethernet port of the laptop or computer and check the IPV4 address.

If the IPV4 id valid then modem will connect to internet.

I do not have a computer. iPhone 14 only. My modem is connected to phone and TV wirelessly. I am unable to connect app only🤷‍♂️

Userlevel 5
Badge +41

What does the battery symbol mean?

What does WPS button stand for on top of modem?

Could you let us know the product’s model number?

Badge

I thought I had but here are the pictures🤷‍♂️

Badge

That does’t look like my SB8200 that I installed today.  I plugged everything in including power, coax, and ethernet to my laptop. I called optimum and asked for provisioning / activation of modem. They asked for the MAC.  After a few holds, the internet and TV worked - total time 10 minutes (lady couldn’t hear me for some reason). Then I removed the ethernet from my laptop and plugged it into the linksys router and whole home works fine.