Skip to main content

I recently install and SB 8200 Modem and every devise that I have had no problem getting internet connectivity on every device except my Honeywell Gateway.  I use a Netgear switch.

Working with the Honeywell team they are convinced that there is something preventing their gateway from connecting to the modem.  They sent me the email below in an attempt to do some trouble shooting:

I am sending you some network recommendations that might cause that your thermostat can't connect to your home network. You may your ISP (Internet Service Provider) and check the next settings. 

• 2.4Ghz, or 5GHz network. The TH9585WF will only connect to the 2.4GHz. 
  • Enterprise Business Networks requiring RAS, Guest networks, or networks requiring Web Portal authentication are not supported.
  • Recommended WPA2-AES Network Security Protocol  (Also known as WPA2-personal, or WPA2-PSK) are the primary industry standard Wi-Fi connection Configuration. 
  • WPA3 is not supported by our devices.  We do not recommend any use of WPA2/WPA3-mixed mode currently.
  • DHCP Enabled network is required – Static networks not supported by Resideo. (DHCP reservations may assist if the network has a limited number of assignable IPs) 

Advanced Settings:
Enable "Legacy Mode", or any setting that improves connectivity for older devices

Disable band-steering (for devices that do not support both 2.4 and 5 GHz networks)

Statefull Packet Inspection / Proxy services may affect connectivity / communication

Only Standard HTTP/HTTPS ports are required. If a customer can reach a secure banking site via the home wi-fi, all required ports are open.

Make sure there isn’t a limit to the number of devices that can connect to the network, or a schedule that disables the wi-fi broadcast at certain times/ intervals

If there is a firewall, make sure the thermostat can connect to the following connection points:

Any help would be appreciated.

Hello Pengue,

We understand that you are unable to connect internet on the gateway.

When connecting sb8200 directly to a computer is it works?

Kindly let us know we will be glad to assist  you

The SB8200 is a cable modem and does not have wireless or firewall settings.  All traffic passes through the modem, the WAN IP from your Internet provider is assigned to the device connected to the SB8200.