Question

internet constantly is out

• 27 April 2023
  • 1 reply

Badge

We have an Arris modem with an Eero Router. Our internet speeds when we are able to get on is fantastic.  We hare constantly having problems with the internet going out.  We had Xfinity out to troubleshoot.  They said on their end everything is working 100% fine.  They said just make sure your software in the modem is up to date.  The Eero is up to date.  Ive been trying to log into the Arris to do the same, and I can’t access it.  The message “check again after 5 minutes invalid login and password”.  I’m fairly capable to trouble shoot this.  I’m just worried about hackers since it’s not a secure site.  Anyone else have this issue?

This topic has been closed for comments

1 reply

I’m currently having the same issue. I’m using Arris SB200 with an Eero pro 6E. All my Firmware is up to date and my speeds are Great. but I’ll lose internet randomly in the day/night. I changed my DNS IP4 and IP6 from the ISP’s 75.75.75.75 which gave me faster speed but didn’t fix the issue. Xfinity says it’s fine on their end which tells me it’s either a loose connection (Checked) or there’s Noise (electrical interference) in the Line. They sent a Tech (For the 3rd time) to put a filter on my line. So far so good but it only been 2-days so still skeptical. (If they tell you to replace the modem. Plug a Ethernet Cord into modem then into your computer do a speed test using a site like Fast.com if your getting about the same speed your paying for it’s not the modem). I am a Low Voltage Tech so I’m familiar with the basics