Skip to main content
Question

Just purchased SB820 cannot access web page to change settings

• 5 January 2023
  • 2 replies

I just purchased the SB8200.  I can access the page listed on the quickstart guide as: 192.168.100.1 which gives me access to view “status” of the modem, however, I cannot access the device management page that will allow me to change settings.

I’ve activated with my ISP and this service will be a secondary internet and I need to set the modem to bridge mode.

I’ve connected a cable directly to the modem (not going through my router to get to it) so I should be able to get to this web page.

I’ve also tried 192.168.0.1 but it brings up the same status page as did the other IP.  Is there some secret sauce I’m missing on this ?

EDIT to add:  The IP address on the modem is the WAN IP so when I connect my computer it I’m getting a 42.x.x.x IP versus a 192.x.x.x IP

1. Thats a modem only device. There isn’t a bridge mode on it. 
  2. Its a secondary internet? What is your primary?
  3. do youoo have it connected to your router? What router is it? 
  4. There isn’t really any settings to change other than port aggregation as its a modem only device. 

Ok, I’m not sure where my head was but I was thinking that it had a configuration to set.

My setup:

Unifi UDMPro with ATT as a primary ISP

I have not connected it to my UDM Pro 

#4 makes sense - So I’ll go ahead and connect to my UDM pro and configure it as my failover WAN2

Thank you so much for the reply