Solved

Need a wifi extender for 500GB wifi signal.

• 16 October 2022
  • 7 replies

Looking for wifi extender that will maximize my 500GB signal

icon

Best answer by plemans 18 October 2022, 04:31

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

7 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +40

You mean 500mb? (there isn’t a home 500gb setup)

Arris doesn’t make much for wireless extenders. There is a 6E extender but if you don’t have 6E devices, it isn’t much use. 

If you’re looking to maintain the most of that 500mbps setup, you’ll want to look at either triband extenders or ones that support wired backhaul (if you have that option). 

Yes 500mb

Userlevel 6
Badge +40

How big is your home? Maybe a mesh system would be a better option than an extended

It's 2400 SQ ft, but has a basement area away from the wifi router and modem. I would say it's about 500 feet away.

Userlevel 6
Badge +40

500ft away?!

If so, there isn’t an extender that’ll reach that far. Even ethernet is only rated for 300ft. 

You’ll need to look into something like a point to point system to reach 500ft away from your home. 

Maybe I was over exaggerating a bit. It's more like 200 to 300 feet. It's an open area so that the wifi signal is free to reach. Any recommendation works for me.

Userlevel 6
Badge +40

That still quite a ways. 

If you’re going to try an extender, I’d again say shoot for a triband extender. Or run an ethernet cable as you can tun up to 300ft. (underground cables are cheap). 

Buy from somewhere with a generous return policy in case it doesn’t reach. 

If it doesn’t, then you’d need to look into a point to point system.