Skip to main content
Question

New SB8200 uplink led blinking (not syncing)

• 21 July 2024
  • 2 replies

I bought a new SB8200 upgrading from an SB6183. When I connect to the same location with the same coax cable as the old modem, the receive.led is green steady, but the send led is green flashing. Per the manual, it means the modem is scanning for an upstream (send) channel connection. I have talked to Xfinity and they cannot remote troubleshoot because the modem appears offline. When I put back the SB6183 I get steady green receive and send leds that then turn up Internet in 5-15 seconds. So my problem is the flashing send led for 5-10 minutes without syncing. Has anybody else faced this problem with SB8200. Thanks.

This topic has been closed for comments

2 replies

Badge

The modem WebUI shows upstream is not locked. The power levels and SNR look fine. I wonder if the issue is that the new modem uses SC-QAM while my old one SB6813 uses ATDMA, and XFinity has not changed their end even though they asked for the new modem model number and HMAC.

https://arris.my.salesforce-sites.com/consumers/articles/General_FAQs/SB8200-Cable-Signal-Levels

Badge

Problem resolved. SB8200 pstream lock takes 18 minutes. The upstream channel tests 16.4Mhz, 22.8Mhz, 29.2MHz at different send power levels, till it reaches 35.6Mhz and acquires lock.

Soon after powercycle, the WebUI is accessible at 192.168.100.1. Watching the status page was helpful.

In short, I did not do anything. I just exercised more patience.