Skip to main content
Question

No internet accsess on SB8200

• 5 January 2023
  • 1 reply

After an outage in my town my internet stop working. Contacted my ISP and they told me in their end everything looked good. My modem used to display a green steady light for power, a steady blue for receive, another steady blue for send and a green for online. Now the order is green, blue, green, and green.

I have no internet access after multiple tries to reset, disconnect the power source and rebooting on ISP side. What else can I do to fix this?

Hello YNTCD22,

Well sb8200 is a cable modem , I understand after the outage you are unable to connect to internet 

To check on internet , please connect the modem directly to computer (preferably windows) and check IPV4 address

(Tocheck IPV4 address please follow the below steps :

1.Press windows and letter R key together , you will see a RUN command , type in “CMD “ on the Open bar , after that Press OK .

2.It will take you to  a black screen over there you will see a cursor and type in” IPCONFIG” (without any space) and press enter key. . It will show you the IPV4 address 

If modem provides IPV4 address as 192.168.100. (1 to 254) please activate the modem to obtain public IP address .from Internet Service Provider in order to connect to internet 

The lights on the modem are good but on the Send it shows green means the Upstream channel is connected in DOCSIS 3.0 mode.

Kindly activate the modem with Internet Service Provider for Upstream channel in DOCSIS 3.1 mode in order to get the lights as before 

Power: Green/ Receive: Blue/Send :Green and Online: Green 

Hope this information helps. If you have more questions kindly let us know