Question

SB8200 Blue light - No internet

• 22 January 2024
  • 6 replies

Badge

My provider Mediacom has provisioned my new SB8200 but it has only the 1 blue download light lit, shouldnt all lights be on??  Also I can not connect to my netgear gigabit switch ….. 

This topic has been closed for comments

6 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +40
  1. yes, all the lights should be doing something. https://arris.my.salesforce-sites.com/consumers/articles/General_FAQs/SB8200-LED-Light-Status/?l=en_US&fs=RelatedArticle
  2. You can’t go directly from modem--->unmanaged switch. You have to go modem---->router---->switch  
  3. even through the sb8200 has 2x ethernet ports, most isp’s only provide 1 public ip address. Meaning that only 1 device can be directly connected to the modem. 
Badge

Thank you … Any thoughts of why the other lights are off ??  Also I did test the connection without the switch connected to the modem and I do have connectivity But still only the download light is active 

Userlevel 6
Badge +40

Is it working? 

Are the led’s disabled? 

Badge

Yes all my devices are working and I can get online But still only the download light is on .

I don’t know if the lights are disabled , how can I check that ?? 

Badge

Also I just wanted to say , if I power cycle the modem , all lights will show solid except the internet light , it will flash for a moment then all lights go out except the download light 

Userlevel 5
Badge +41

Have you reprovisioned the modem with internet service provider?

Also, I suggest you check the IPV4 address.