Skip to main content
Question

SB8200 (COX) drops internet briefly

• 9 August 2024
  • 3 replies

Hello - 

I have an SB8200 running on Cox. We keep getting booted from the internet for short periods of time (10-30 seconds) at random times of the day. Cox has tested everything on their end and says there is no issue they can see. This is a privately owned modem, so they are unwilling to troubleshoot any further. 

I pulled the SNR data and have attached the Downstream Bonded and Upstream Bonded readouts: 

The upstream numbers don’t seem to fall in the range specified in the “Cable Signal Levels” document https://arris.my.salesforce-sites.com/consumers/articles/General_FAQs/SB8200-Cable-Signal-Levels

Is there anything else I can do to troubleshoot on my end, or anything I can take to Cox to get them to come out? 

Thanks so much!

Since the SB8200 is only cable modem, you can try performing a factory reset by holding down the reset button for 20+ seconds.  You can also try removing splitter incase it’s failing or try connecting to a different coaxial port. 

Hi There - I’ve reset multiple times, traced the line back and there are no splitters that I can find. I finally got into the error log of the modem (weird issue when using chrome, but bing seems to allow it to load properly), and I’m seeing a ton of T3/T4 errors. I have a step attenuator on its way to test out boosting the upstream values

If you are experiencing T3/T4 errors, I would suggest reaching out to your internet service provider for further assistance.