Question

SB8200- Intermittent internet connection

• 26 April 2023
  • 1 reply

Badge

Have had SB8200 for a year - has worked perfect until recently, when it drops the connection multiple times per day - and all the front panel lights say everything is fine.  SB8200 in warranty, Arris support checked everything and found all was good with the incoming signal. This was after asking me to have the ISP to send a re-activation signal and monitor for 48 hours (which I did - any experienced more dropouts). But they now want my ISP to come out and install a test modem for 24 hours - at cost $$$ to me, of course.  I don’t know why, we experienced a dropout while on the support call.  Clearly support does not have direction to actually help customers, but rather keep trying to point the finger somewhere else.  Any way to just get a replacement?  

This topic has been closed for comments

1 reply

Userlevel 2
Badge +9

The best way to fix dropping connections is by having a tech on site checking wiring all of that, if your ISP is telling you everything is okay the only way to get a replacement is by calling support, explain to them that you went thru all the steps firts with arris and then with your isp but the issue is still there