Skip to main content
Solved

SB8200 LAG & firmware issue

• 16 June 2024
  • 2 replies

I have errors in my event log on my SB8200 after enabling LAG. I am on firmware AB01.01.009.36.02_022720_183.0A.NSH , I have read that Arris has fixed LAG issues via firmware updates. Spectrum tells me they are not responsible for firmware of non-leased devices, and that I need to update the firmware myself. What can I do?

Update: Spectrum says “only firmware I am seeing for that model device is for the Version 6 Docsis 3.0”

2 replies

Badge

Spectrum says they cannot update the device firmware, I am on the latest version they have been provided with. They actually told me that I need to upgrade to a Docsis 3.1 modem because “that’s the new standard and that’s what we’re most compatible with.” So I guess they’re not even running this modem on Docsis 3.1 software. Is there anything Arris can do for me here?

Userlevel 5
Badge +41

ARRIS develops the software update and makes it available to service providers.  The service providers qualify, test, and distribute the software update to devices on their network.  ARRIS has limited control or visibility on distribution by the service providers.