Solved

SB8200 LEDs seem wrong after Spectrum activation

• 4 October 2022
  • 7 replies

• The Certified
  • 3 replies

Hello, I just got off the phone with Spectrum to activate my SB3200. The LEDs on the unit seem off. I’ve attached photos of the LEDs, as well as the Status page from the web interface.

Most of the videos and photos I’ve seen online show the up and downstream being blue, and the internet green… 

In my case, the downstream is blue, the upstream seems to be white(?) and the internet/power also seem to be whiteish green, but not bright green like I see in other photos and videos… I’m assuming my upstream is not DOCIS 3.1...

When the unit boots up, all LEDs are the typical bright green.

Please see photos. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. I just want to make sure this thing is setup correctly, or if I need to escalate this with Spectrum.

icon

Best answer by plemans 4 October 2022, 22:15

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

7 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +40

Your power levels/errors don’t look to bad. Use it for a bit and then repost if you have issues. 

I think your color issue is bleed over. The power and internet lights only have a green color. The upstream/downstream have green blue. But you might get some bleed over to the other lights. right now you mainly see downstream connecting at docsis 3.1 speeds. not the upstream a whole lot (some do). So it could be the downstream connecting at docsis 3.1 and bleeding over the blue into the green from the power/upstream. 

Your power levels/errors don’t look to bad. Use it for a bit and then repost if you have issues. 

I think your color issue is bleed over. The power and internet lights only have a green color. The upstream/downstream have green blue. But you might get some bleed over to the other lights. right now you mainly see downstream connecting at docsis 3.1 speeds. not the upstream a whole lot (some do). So it could be the downstream connecting at docsis 3.1 and bleeding over the blue into the green from the power/upstream. 

Thanks for the response. Speeds seem good. I tried using it with my ASUS router and it did not like it at all. Any time I tried configuring the router, I got a white invalid request page.

I’ve wanted to do this for a while, so I just ordered a UniFi DMSE… so, hopefully I’ll have a router that actually works with the modem. Not sure what the issue was with the ASUS. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +41

Hello mmal

What @plemans said is correct. This is just a visual effect caused by the blue lights in the middle. The power and online light are actually green but the blue lights make them look as if they were white or pale green. 

As long as your internet performance is not affected, there shouldn’t be any issues. Of course, if you face any kind of issues, don’t doubt on getting in contact with us. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +40

You said you were having issues with your asus router? 

Question is, do you have anything else plugged into the sb8200? it has 2x ethernet ports but the vast majority of ISP’s only support 1 device connected to it because they only supply 1 public ip address. 

So if you have/had something else plugged into it, unplug everything from the sb8200. Then power it down, wait 2 minutes, power it back up. Plug the router into port 1 on the modem (don’t plug anything else into it). Then run setup on the router. (might have to reboot the router while rebooting the modem). 

You said you were having issues with your asus router? 

Question is, do you have anything else plugged into the sb8200? it has 2x ethernet ports but the vast majority of ISP’s only support 1 device connected to it because they only supply 1 public ip address. 

So if you have/had something else plugged into it, unplug everything from the sb8200. Then power it down, wait 2 minutes, power it back up. Plug the router into port 1 on the modem (don’t plug anything else into it). Then run setup on the router. (might have to reboot the router while rebooting the modem). 

No, I did not have anything else plugged in to the modem. It’s definitely a very weird occurrence that I’ve never come across. I can do a screen, grab video and post it on here. If you think you guys may be able to help.

Userlevel 6
Badge +40

Your always welcome to post a screensnip/video if you think it’ll help. what asus router is it? 

You’re always welcome to post a screensnip/video if you think it’ll help. what asus router is it? 

I was actually able to get it working last night after switching out the Ethernet cable to a CAT7 cable… not sure why that would have anything to do with it. The only thing now is that I’m getting extremely slow downstream speeds (around 90Mbps)… I’m assuming that’s because the router is DOCIS3.0 and not 3.1… hopefully that issue will be remedied once I receive the UDMSE.