Solved

SB8200 login get status but if select any other option such as log it logs out

• 25 October 2022
  • 3 replies

• The Certified
  • 5 replies

Have a new SB8200 I can log in but as soon as I select any option it goes back to the login screen.  I can’t see logs or get to help.. Please help or I will have to return it to the store

icon

Best answer by SURFboard Moderator 27 October 2022, 20:46

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +41

Hello RNRN,

In order to provide you with a better resolution , we would like to ask you a couple of questions to have a better understanding:

Are you connected directly with a computer to the SB8200 or is there a third party router in between ?

Did you try to Log in without coaxial cable and see if issue persists ? 

We will waiting for your responses. 

1. Not sure why disconnecting from the internet should have to do with being logged out
  2. I see posts that this modem has a buffer overflow problem if the cable network has lots of events.   (Which is what I am having - I want the event log to help with internet supplier - big company that always says it is your problem)
  3. I see that I can be more successful if I look at product line before the event log.
  4. The Event log can take a long time to load.   
  5. The event log may cause an immediate log out.  

I like the modem as it faster than the DOCIS 3.0 Surfboard I had prior.  But having issues with the event log makes me want to return it.  

Standard Specification Compliant Docsis 3.1
Hardware Version 7
Software Version AB01.02.053.01_112320_193.0A.NSH

I use Edge and Microsoft Windows 11.  I am hardwired to a router which is hardwired to the Cable Modem