Skip to main content

Hello all, I bought this modem to replace my ISP’s modem and thought this would be a great upgrade. From the beginning the Modem worked perfectly, it gave me no issues with the initial setup and It would function in the same exact state it had been setup with as. Unfortunately 5 days ago the modem would show all green lights lit up and stay lit but my Wi-Fi would show no internet. Knowing this I used an ethernet cable plugged straight to my pc in order to circumvent the possibility of my router being the problem. The problem still persisted.

The past few days the only way I have been able to connect to the internet was by resetting my modem and router countless times until they would miraculously work. I have contacted my ISP about the issue and have went through two hard resets of the modem in order to try to fix the issue with the help of the ISP to set the correct signal strength. In fact I have went through every possible discussion on this forum to find a solution to my problem prior to my publication of this new topic.

At times it works, like the time I'm writing this, but the moment there is any sort of load on the internet when multiple devices are using the connection it will immediately shut off (shows no internet). I’ve had this sort of issue with the previous ISP issued modems and the only way I have fixed those prior issues is with the exchange of modems at the ISP free of charge which would fix the issue for a couple years or so. However I am out of that option and I hope I can fix this issue. Please let me know what sort of information you would need to look into solving this issue. I still have warranty on this Modem since Its only been a couple of months since I’ve purchased it.

Regarding the possibility of my coaxial cable being in disrepair, I would find that hard to believe as I've never had issues prior to this with the cable and its never been touched.

Your timeline of events matches mine!! I have this same issue, except I have found I don’t need to reboot the router. I simply power cycle the modem and all is well for about 15 minutes. I’m wondering if you also have Spectrum for an ISP.  I have their 1Gb/s service which has been great until about 5 or 6 days ago. Spectrum says the signal looks fine from what they can see, but they have no tools to access the main functions of the “3rd party equipment”.  Anyone have any resources to gain access to the hidden functions that only the ISP’s can access?  This is Mindless!!