Solved

sb8200 modem keeps going down

• 22 February 2024
  • 1 reply

Badge

Hey guys, I've been having issues with my internet and I'm not really sure where to begin, though I suspect that the issue is with my modem. I'm skeptical because even before I bought it I was having issues with my internet where it would randomly drop and I had to reset it a couple of times before it would come up. I bought the sb8200 3.1 and paired it with a netgear orbi sxk80. 

It works very well most of the times but there would be like an instance or 2 a day where the internet would drop for like 10 minutes or so and go back to normal. These past 2 months it's gotten progressively worse and the past 3 days have been pretty rough. My orbi tells me when it goes offline and it has notified me of 30+ times in the past 3 days. That is also not including the times where it drops for a couple seconds and comes back.

The reason that I think it might be the modem is that when it happens I unplug/plug it and it comes back fine most of the times. I know there's the whole att thing going on right so maybe that could possibly have something to do with the increase of this happening (maybe?) But since it's been going on for a while but to a lesser degree i just really doubt it.

Is there any sort of troubleshooting that I can try or am I just better off calling my isp and seeing what they have to say about it?

icon

Best answer by SURFboard Moderator 24 February 2024, 01:09

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +41

SB8200 is just a cable modem so if your modem internet is dropping in and out that is because of low signal level. Basically,  slow speed, intermittent connection or no internet access occurs usually. out of cable signal level, out of acceptable range and it will be resolved after the power level are adjusted by the service provider. So for this we need to check the cable signal level to confirm what causing this issue to proceed further. please follow the below link to check the cable signal level.

http://arris.force.com/consumers/articles/General_FAQs/SB8200-Cable-Signal-Levels