Solved

SB8200 not showing as receiving DOCSIS 3.1 signal

• 27 October 2023
  • 7 replies

Badge

I installed a SB8200 with Xfinity couple of days back. All lights on the modem are green. But the event log has the following line under Downstream Bonded channels.

I did reset as well as power cycle the modem.

Channel ID Lock Status Modulation Frequency Power SNR/MER Corrected Uncorrectables
48 Locked OFDM PLC 688000000 Hz 7 dBmV 42 dB 422431900 0

icon

Best answer by SURFboard Moderator 30 October 2023, 22:20

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

7 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +18

That’s your connection status, not the event log. That looks just fine. It won’t explicitly say DOCSIS 3.1.

Badge

True. But why is the status light on the modem not BLUE?

Userlevel 2
Badge +18

Ah, sorry. Yes, per the documentation the send/receive should be blue, and mine are. I’m with Cox, not Xfinity, but my guess would be Xfinity hasn’t provisioned it correctly. It may also be that some upstream or downstream signal levels are out of spec and the modem is locking properly. Are all channels up and down showing “locked” and within specified levels?

Badge

Yes. All channels shows as locked and signal levels are also within spec. I had an Xfinity tech come over and check all connections as well. According to them everything is good at their end including provisioning.

Userlevel 5
Badge +41

SB8200 is compatible with DOCSIS 3.1. Green led light indicates DOCSIS 3.0  and blue indicates DOCSIS 3.1

Since the led light status is green, the modem is activated under DOCSIS 3.0. Contact your internet service provider to change the service from DOCSIS 3.0 to 3.1.

Badge

According to Xfinity they have provisioned DOCSIS 3.1. Is there anything else that can cause this?

Userlevel 5
Badge +41

Normally ISP are the one who providing signals to the modem. So they only having the access to change the DOCSIS from 3.0 to 3.1